As an attorney who focuses her practice on estate planning matters, Lyndsey works in close partnership with individuals and families, whether to help them determine their estate planning goals and develop wills, trusts and other essential legal documents, or to navigate their roles and legal responsibilities during the probate process or through trust administration. For some, planning for the future and caring for loved ones also means maneuvering around real estate or small business challenges, family conflicts or other complexities. Having practiced law for more than a decade, Lyndsey uses her experience litigating a broad range of personal, business and real estate disputes, including probate and contract matters, in her counsel as an estate planning attorney.
In addition to working directly with our clients, Lyndsey manages our team and legal practice, which she founded in 2011 after working at a prominent downtown Denver law firm for several years.
Estate issues, trusts, creating a will...whether your circumstances are simple and straightforward or riddled with complexity, these matters are always personal and extraordinarily meaningful. I know how crucial it is to connect with and understand the unique needs of each individual and each family. My role-my responsibility-is to provide my clients with thoughtful, comprehensive, efficient and accurate assistance. My strength is in helping them understand their options and map out a common-sense path that meets their goals.
In addition to being an attorney, I'm also a mother and a wife, a daughter, a sister-I know, personally, how difficult it can be to balance our many responsibilities and plan for uncomfortable contingencies. I also understand how crucial, and comforting, it is to have a tailored set of estate planning documents on which your family can rely. I work hard to be the trusted advisor you call on to help navigate life's unexpected challenges, and to help achieve new goals, along the way.
I’m a fourth-generation Coloradan, born and raised in Denver, and live in Washington Park with my husband and our ten-year-old twins, Goldie and Zev. My family and friends are deeply important to me and I spend as much time with them as possible, whether we’re traveling, riding bikes through Denver’s beautiful parks, playing tennis, skiing, cooking or trying some of the city’s great new restaurants.
I work actively-as a board member, advisor and volunteer-with organizations that are focused on building a strong community and supporting future generations to come. I've served on the boards of the following organizations:
• Anti-Defamation League (Mountain States Region)
• Colorado Agency for Jewish Education
• Denver Center for the Performing Arts Fourth Wall
• Jewish Women's Fund of Colorado
Areas Of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Probate & Estate Administration
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- J.D. - 2007
- University of Colorado, Boulder, Boulder, Colorado
- B.A. - 2004
- Major: Economics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Rocky Mountain Estate Planning Council, Member, Present
Past Employment Positions
- Law Office of Lyndsey Richard, Denver, CO, 2011-Present
- Isaacson Rosenbaum, PC, Denver, CO, Associate, 2007 to 2011
- Isaacson Rosenbaum, PC, Denver, CO, Law Clerk, 2006 to 2007
- Denver District Court, Honorable Judge Robert McGahey, Fall, Law Clerk, 2006 to 2006
- Legal Division, Safeco Insurance Company, Golden, CO, Summer, Law Clerk, 2006 to 2006
- Jacobs Chase Frick Kleinkopf & Kelley, Denver, CO, Spring, Law Clerk, 2006 to 2006